This article presents statistics concerning the European Union’s (EU’s) resource productivity as well as information on the extraction of natural resources consumed by the EU economy. The article is based on domestic material consumption and its components, as defined in material flow accounts. Eurostat’s material flow accounts are a comprehensive data framework that systematically records the inputs of materials to European economies.
This digital publication presents information about the energy sector in a user-friendly way and features short texts, dynamic infographics, maps, animations, graphs and photos. More experienced users can use the Sankey diagrams for additional information.
EURACTIV invites you to this high-level workshop to discuss the strategic regional importance of the East-West Corridor and its future potential. Questions will include:
– How can the corridor help foster good relations, peace and stability in the Caucasus and Central Asia and solve cross-border political issues?
– How will the corridor encourage further economic progress in the region?
– What new investments in energy infrastructure projects can the corridor support?
– Which countries are geopolitically important as regional hubs of the corridor?
– What potential exists for the establishment of new ports and other transport hubs as the corridor develops over time?
This article provides an overview of statistical data on SDG 7 ‘Affordable and clean energy’ in the European Union (EU). It is based on the set of EU SDG indicators for monitoring of progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in an EU context.