The Juncker Commission is undertaking the third and final set of actions to modernise Europe’s transport system.
Today’s package consists of:
- A new road safety policy framework and initiatives on vehicle and pedestrian safety, and on infrastructure safety management
- Communication on connected and automated policy
- Legislative initiatives on CO2 standards for trucks and Strategic Action Plan for Batteries
- Initiatives establishing a digital environment for information exchange in transport
- Initiative to streamline permitting procedures for projects on the core trans-European transport network (TEN-T).
AERO 2018 brought aviation industry stakeholders from Europe and across the world to Friedrichshafen, Germany, in April. At the event, the European GNSS Agency (GSA) showcased the benefits of EGNOS, with a particular focus on its safety benefits for general aviation.
The Horizon 2020 funded PRoPART project is developing an enhanced Real Time Kinematic (RTK) software solution for automated vehicles and advanced driver assistance systems. To do this, project researchers are combining some of Galileo’s distinguishing features with other positioning and sensor technologies.